On 28 July 2020, over 60 participants from various organisations, including Local Government Response & Recovery Teams, Community Health Services, Department of Education and Women’s Health Services came together online to join the Gender & Recovery Planning digital forum.
The Hon. Gabrielle Williams, Minister for Women and Minister for Prevention of Family Violence and Tanja Kovac from Gender Equity Victoria presented compelling reasons for applying a gender lens to response and recovery planning.
Presenters from Cardinia Shire Council, Victorian Local Governance Association (VLGA) and Bushfire Recovery Victoria (BRV) facilitated practical hands on sessions and shared the work they are doing and provided practical tools and resources to enable participants to continue to undertake this work.
- Women’s Charter and suggested actions [PDF:195KB] – provided by VLGA
- Cardinia Shire COVID-19 Recovery Structure Presentation [PDF: 590KB]
- Cardinia Shire Gender & Recovery Presentation [PDF:359KB]
- Critical Thinking Questions [PDF: 701KB] – provided by BRV
- VLGA Equitable Leadership Presentation [PDF: 1.44MB]